Wednesday, September 21, 2011

To Begin...

...I am posting my thoughts on the movies I have already seen.  The posts seem to be getting rather large because I'm condensing them.  There will be four of these first posts:
  • Women's Films
  • Drama
  • Action/Adventure
  • Comedy
I may even post an overview of the film festivals I went to this year, because they have contributed to how great the films have been in 2011.  There will also be a special entry regarding two films I've seen in theaters this year that are related but unrelated to everything else.  Stay tuned for that.  Until I've caught up on what I've seen from 2011, I'll start with other movies I watch, whether I've seen them before or not.

I hope this becomes a regular thing for me, updating at least twice a week.  But if the theaters are going through a dry spell, I might not have anything for you.  Seeing how Oscar Season is coming up, hopefully it won't happen anytime soon.

I try to see most films in theaters, and I encourage you to do the same.  It makes a world of difference, as I will probably reflect on in my posts.  I have, on the other hand, discovered the beauty of Red Box.  I'll get updates on what has arrived, make reservations online, and pick them up.  I can catch what I missed in theaters for very cheap this way and I love it.  I miss my trips to Backstage Video, but I could never guarantee they'd have what I wanted.

I am striving to be as honest as possible on this blog.  I'm going to write what I truly think and I hope you will be able to understand where I am coming from.  I welcome any and all opinions, the more diverse the better.  Let's just try and keep it respectful.  Being honest and being mean aren't the same thing.

And please excuse the typos.  I have no editor.  I'm trying much harder to proofread these entries since I'm not under a time crunch.  At the film festivals, I was writing with limited time at my disposal.  I aim for no mistakes, but I'm a fast, inaccurate typist.  I can't help it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment